SCROLL DOWN TO BOTTOM FOR VIDEO
Beef and Broccoli
A really delicious and flavorful beef and broccoli recipe that is much easier than you think!
Yield: 4 servings
- Big Pan
- Plastic Bag
- Measuring Cup
- Measuring Spoon
For the marinade
- 1 1/2 lbs Flank Steak Thinly sliced and against grain
- 2 1/2 TBSP Low Sodium Soy Sauce Do not use regular
- 2 tsp Sugar White Regular
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 1/2 TBSP Corn Starch
- 3 TBSP Water
- 4 TBSP Vegetable Oil
- 2-3 Crowns Broccoli Sliced in smaller pieces
- 1 Small Onion Sliced in smaller pieces
- 1/2 Cup Low Sodium Soy Sauce Do not use regular
- 2 TBSP Light Brown Sugar
- 1 TBSP Cooking Sherry
- 4 Cloves Garlic Finely chopped or minced
- 1 1/2 TBSP All purpose flour
- 1 TBSP Vegetable Oil
- Mix all marinating ingredients and add to a big plastic bag along with the sliced flank steak. Put plastic bag into refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- Chop up broccoli crowns and onion and set aside.
- Remove meat from refrigerator. Take 1 TBSP of oil in wide pan on medium high to high heat. Saute' broccoli and onion in oil, stirring every 1-2 minutes for approximately 7-8 minutes. Remove broccoli and onion mixture from pan and remove pan from heat for 1-2 minutes. Return pan and turn heat down to medium low heat.
- Put marinated beef into pan along with 1/2 of the main sauce. Stir together and then allow meat to sit for 2 minutes before you stir. If meat sticks, can add 1 TBSP of water at a time and stir. Cook until meat is just about done (slight pink is ok.) Add remaining sauce and broccoli and onion mixture back. Cook for another 3-4 minutes. Can add more water if you prefer the sauce be thinner. Service with fried rice or white rice.
A butcher will often slice the meat for you. If they are out of flank steak, ask the butcher what they have as a substitution. The marinade will taste best if it has at least 2 hours time in the refrigerator.